Apple users need an Apple ID password to login to Apple apps, download apps, update, or make any changes. In any given instance if you have forgot iCloud password, there are easy steps to retrieve it. It is easy to retrieve a forgotten iCloud password with the built-in recovery tool. When you create an Apple ID on the new device, make sure you note it down somewhere so it is easy to login into the device to navigate tools and apps. You can also use the web browser to passwords. This is how to reset iCloud password without the phone number.
How to Reset iCloud password with an email address
There are many ways you can reset an iCloud password. You need to remember the email address you have used to create the Apple ID so you can reset it using these steps. If you have answered the security questions, you must note it down somewhere so you can successfully reset security questions.
- Click on any browser
- Type iforgot.apple.com
- Enter your Apple ID on this page
- Click on continue
- Select the option ‘I need to reset my password’
- Click on continue
- You have the option to type in your email or answer the security questions
- Click Continue and Done
- Open the email you selected to create Apple ID
- The email in the inbox will be titled ‘How to reset Apple ID password’
- Click Reset Now
- Enter New Password
- Click Confirm
- Click Reset Password
How to Reset password with security questions
Choose the above steps until you click Continue and verify the security questions you answered. Verify your birthday that you entered when creating the Apple ID. You must enter the same information that you have used to create the Apple ID. This One is how to recover iCloud password.
Answer all the security questions with correct information and click Continue. If you have forgotten the answers to your security questions, it will not be easy to reset the password. Hence it is essential to remember the answers to the security questions and note it down so you will be able to give correct answers when prompted for it.
Click Continue and enter a new password, Confirm again and click Reset Password to complete the process. As a rule of thumb, always remember the answer and the email ID you have used to create the Apple ID so the process of resetting the password becomes easy.
How to reset iCloud password without phone number
iCloud is a free service by Apple where you can store data in different formats such as photographs, audio, video, documents, etc. Every Apple device comes with an in-built service of iCloud which gives easy storage options. You can easily backup all of your data once you sync your Apple device with this service.
Signup and log in using an email ID and password. You must know that this is an important account and is useful in signing up on various devices such as iPad, iPhone, iTunes, etc. With a single iCloud account you can maintain various accounts on different devices. Losing an iCloud password is a common issue and can be resolved within a jiffy using these steps.
- Go to appleid.apple.com
- Enter your username
- Click on Forgot Password
- It takes you to the next page
- Enter the Apple ID
- You have to choose an option to reset the password
- Choose from phone recovery, security questions, or email option to reset password
- Enter birth date if you have chosen to recover answering security questions
- When answering security questions check the answers correctly for spellings and case letters
- If the answers are correct, you will be directed to a page where you can enter a new password
- Retype the new password and click Confirm
- Save this password
- Log in to the iCloud account with this new password
How to Reset iCloud password without email and security questions
Users who have access to phone number and have forgotten the answers to the security questions as well as email used can follow these steps to recover their iCloud passwords. If you have not chosen an alternate email ID or set security questions, there are other ways to reset iCloud password.
- Login to your account
- Choose the two-set verification also known as 2FA
- This service has to be enabled to be able to use it for password recovery
- You can reset this password using any Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, etc
- Sign in to your account
- Type the 6-digit verification code that appears on your device
- Log in and reset the password from the settings
- Go to the settings
- Click on your Name/Profile name
- Select password and security option
- Change Password
- Enter a new password and re-enter it to verify it again
- Tap Change
- You will receive a notification that the password has been changed
How to Reset iCloud password using Mac
- Select the Apple Menu
- Click on System Preferences
- Click on iCloud
- Click on Account Details
- Open Security Tab
- Click on Change Password
- The Change Password dialog box opens
- Type the new password twice
- Click on the Change button at the bottom of the dialog box
Additional steps you can perform when recovering password
As you login to reset the password, you can spend a few minutes to enter additional information which you haven’t before so you provide double security to the devices. The two-step verification is useful for people who have old Apple devices. The newer devices sign-in automatically and surpass the process of two-step verification. Devices higher than iOS11 and later versions have two-step verification automatically enabled.
During this process, if you haven’t answered the security questions before or not entered the information for an alternative email ID, you can do it now and save the information.
- Add more self-recovery options by choosing ‘reachable at’ addresses
- Add another trusted phone number as a backup option
- Print the recovery codes and keep them handy
- Use a password manager to store changed passwords
- A password manager has a master password
- It handles passwords of multiple accounts making upgrades and recovery process easy
The iCloud password is the most important information that gives you access to all Apple devices. These are the steps you can use to reset and recover the iCloud password. There are also other tools available to retrieve information and data with tools even if you haven’t taken a back up. These are the various methods to reset the iCloud password and retrieve the data.